Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Relocated

We have relocated!!! We now rent a house in Kirtland, NM. I am so excited and feel SO much more comfortable here. It is a cute 4 bedroom home with a big fenced in yard. It is old and needs some TLC but we are happy to make it our home for at least the next year and a half. I have started my job at the hospital and am completing my training over the next couple of weeks. Then I will be on the night shift of the surgical floor as a CNA. I love the hospital. It is so clean and nice. The nurses there also seem to be really nice or at least tolerable of me since I am new. There is a lot to learn and refresh on but I am up for it. Mick is studying hard and putting in lots of lab hours. He is enjoying school and has been told that next semester will be one of his toughest. But right now we are focused on this semester. The girls are great and are starting to talk more and more. Or at least we are understanding more and more of what they are saying since they have always been talking to each other. Zerin has her ups and downs. She has been affected by all the moving and has a strong attachment to me. But she is getting better. She was with Megan Matthews and her boys Monday while I was at work and Mick was at school. They were good for her and Zerin started asking for Mick and I towards the end. Mainly because she was tired but not willing to nap without her bed. We are working on it and it will probably take some time for her to feel completely comfortable here. Over the weekend we went to Snowflake and it was so great to see everyone. Zerin had a hard time going to sleep but we survived. Of course the girls got spoiled with presents for their birthday since this was the first time we went back. Thank you all for the gifts. I didn't get any picture but Nan did so I will have to get them from her soon. Today while Mick is at school and I don't have to work I decided to let the girls finger paint. They have done it once for Mick's birthday cards on poster board and whenever they see those posters they like to sit on them and pretend they are painting again. So today we did it again. Only we did it at the table on paper instead. They really enjoyed it and made plenty of works of art. Here are some pictures I took.




This is the outside of the house. It looks small but is really big inside. All the bedrooms are in the back so it looks small from the street. Also you can see the TLC it needs and we plan to give it.



This is the kitchen. It is probably 3 times as big as our other one. Not saying this one is huge but compared to our last one it is.



Here is the living room. Maybe I will take more pictures now that we have moved in. But I still need to hang things and put others away so it may be a while.



Here are the artists. Zerin experimented with eating the paint only to learn that it did not taste very good. She kept making faces and then trying to wipe it off her lips (only adding more to her face).



Zadie seemed to take it very serious. Always asking for more paint and paper when she was ready.



Zerin enjoyed it but I wonder if she just enjoyed being messy even more.



Now the artwork it out drying. I did not think ahead or I would have put up a line to hang them on, but this will work too. I am so proud of them!

1 comment:

Colton and Ashley said...

Congrats on the new house!!!! yay!!!! glad things r looking good for you guys!!!!