Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 years old!!!!!!!!

We celebrated turning 2 today! Although our trailer is small the Matthews family was so kind to come over and celebrate with us. It was SO nice. The girls slept in this morning and I backed cakes and a late breakfast and them we got ready for church. Well going to 1:00 church without a nap was a disaster. I thought that since they slept in they would be fine. Boy was I WRONG! The were awful. It was fit after fit and fight after fight. So about 10 minutes after sacrament we left. Both girls crying and me on the verge. I was so embarrassed. Our ward just stared at us and I felt so helpless. But after coming home early and putting the girls down for a nap, I took my time decorating their cakes. They turned out really cute so I wanted to share them. Thus the Matthews family came over. We had chili beans and cornbread and cake. It was really fun. None of the kids seemed to care that the house was so small. They played so well and I was glad to have them over. Thanks guys!!!



Here is our Barney cake for Zerin and Muno cake from Yo Gabba Gabba for Zadie. I had fun freehanding them. They actually turned out better than I thought they would. The important thing was for the girls to recognize them and they did.



Here are the kids eating cake. They scarfed down dinner and were instantly ready for the cake.



Taylie (I am not sure how to spell her name) wanted to smile for the camera and is so darn cute.




Then there is Drelyn (Also not sure how to spell his name). He is allergic to eggs so instead of cake he got popsicles. He thinks it is pretty cool so I did not feel too bad for making cakes with egg. He did not want to smile for the camera, but I got this pic.




The girls were not sure about the "Happy Birthday" song or the candles. But we sure love their little personalities. Please, Please, PLEASE forgive me for the horrific singing. I am so sorry.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sam! How is Farmington? I have been thinking about you and hoping that things are going good! Sheehs your girls are so cute, and 2 years old oh my! Keep mt posted on life in New Mexico!