Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Great Weekend and One AWESOME Day!

Well first a recap on our lives here. I am working at a rest home at night, but just put in my two weeks notice. I got a job at the hospital on the surgical floor and am so excited. It will only be 3 nights a week and almost no weekends. I just have to endure my last 2 weeks at the rest home. The girls are doing great. Zerin won't let me leave her in the nursery or she freaks out. Which is new because they were both great at running in and playing with the toys and not even noticing us. But that has changed for Zerin since we moved. She is in another mommy phase. She wants me to do everything. We are working on it though. Mick is keeping busy with school and putting in a lot of lab hours for his program.

Now on to the fun stuff...My Mom and Grandpa & Grandma Schneider came out to visit over the weekend and it was so great. We had a pre-birthday party for the girls and it was the best day ever. Here are all the pictures to fill you in.




My Mom got them new boots and dresses. They wore them to church on Sunday and looked so dang cute. I am a very proud mother.



First we got dressed and the girls colored while we got everything together for their party. They wore their boots of course. They just love them.



Here is a cute picture of Zerin. She is becoming very photogenic.




Here is Zerin at the park.




And my precious little Zadie.




Grandma and Grandpa came to meet us at the park for the party. I love this picture. I am so glad my girls have such great grandparents on ALL sides.



Zerin opening some presents. It was windy so every little piece she tore off we had to grab before the wind took it or we had to chase it down.



Zadie examining one of her gifts. This was the first holiday where they understood how to unwrap gifts. It was cute to watch them tear things open.



After presents we had cup cakes. I did not try to get too fancy and then we couldn't get the candles to stay lit in the wind so we just dug in and ate them, after a song of course.




After the party we went back to Grandpa and Grandma's hotel to swim. Even though the wind made it a little cold we still had a good time. Here is Zadie with her sweet little look.



And Zerin saying "Cheese." No one was selling floaties so they had to wear their life jackets. They didn't seem to mind.


And of course I have to include my cute hubby too.



After all that we came home and let the girls play with all their new toys. They LOVE to wear their skirts and Zerin especially enjoys the car set.



Zadie pours tea for everyone and has a great imagination.




Here is the perfect picture to capture it all. We and half in our pajamas with frilly skirts on. Zerin is playing cars and Zadie wants her to drink tea.

They are so cute when they play together and I like that they have a good mix of interests. Zadie likes to play cars too and Zerin loves the kitchen stuff and drinking tea as well. They are so cute and I am happy to be the mother of 2 two year olds (almost). Now we just have to keep working out our talking and potty training. Zerin is probably about ready to try, she tells me poop and potty all day but never goes on the potty. I think every time she farts she thinks she needs to go sit on the toilet. It is cute. Zadie on the other hand has no interest at all and when I ask her if she wants to sit on the potty she give me a crystal clear, "No!" But we will get there. I will try to keep posting regularly and keep everyone filled in on our days in New Mexico.

1 comment:

Nic and Jodie said...

Oh Sam! They can't be that old. I thought I was gonna die when I saw that picture of them in the dresses and boots. They are out-of-this-world adorable! I love it! Happy birthday to them from us. We sure love you guys.