Saturday, August 14, 2010

I know I fell off the blog track, but it was for good reason. We've moved! We now reside in the small town of Bloomfield, NM which is just out side of Farmington. Mick is going back to school, I am working and going to take a few classes as well. This is the first time we have moved away from my family and I had a hard time at first. But Snowflake is only 4 hours away and once we are settled I am sure we will be visiting often. Now that we are here I am setting a goal to blog more often and take pictures too. But for now I will share what new pics I do have.



Ervien family pictures. Nan got us all together one Sunday afternoon and we took family pictures. This is the one we like the best.



Here is our little family. Cute kids huh!? I think so. And my husband is pretty sharp looking too.



I just wanted to share a picture of Pablito! He looks so good!



When they are not fighting my girls are actually getting along together. They love picture books and make me tell them what each picture is over and over and over... if I am not paying good enough attention Zadie lets me know it by yelling, "Maaaaaaaawm!" It is cute but it gets annoying. If I am sitting with her she will grab my face so I look where she wants me to. I love that one.



I had Shelbie trim the girls hair, but before she did she straightened Zerin's. I had been in pony tails on top so it stuck out funny and we dubbed her Doc from back to the future. If you are wondering how we were able to straighten her hair, just look at her expression. She will not look at the camera because she is watching... Barney. I know of all shows why oh why Barney. I do not know but she is obsessed and asks for it all day long. I have to cut her off. It is crazy. But when it is on nothing else matters to her. Zadie likes Yo Gabba Gabba. I thought it was weird at first but I enjoy it better than Barney.



Here we are at Goodwill. We got a computer desk for $7. While shopping Zerin grabbed these glasses of a shelf and wanted them on. So hilarious. Mick got his finger in the lens but it is still priceless. We took one of Zadie too and it was even funnier, but it didn't save on Mick's phone. They always keep us laughing. We have had to do quite a bit of little errands since we got here and they don't always like going, but I sound a magic trick... SUCKERS! If they are grouchy and screaming through the store all I have to do is give them a sucker and I won't here another sound until we are home. It may not be the best for their teeth, but it is the best for my ears and patience. And please don't think it is an everyday all the time thing. I do care about their teeth.



Zadie decided to try to share her baby doll's bed. She actually got stuck and I had to help her out. But when Zerin saw me take the picture she decided that once Zadie was out she needed to do it too. They are very aware of what each other is doing or has. It is good and bad. But I try to play it to their strengths. Such as..."Zerin, Zadie is eating her sandwich you should eat yours." She will usually then decided she will eat. Or, "Zadie, Zerin is ready for a nap and is getting her binkie, do you want to get yours and nap too?" Oh yeah, that one is golden for bedtime too. They are sleeping so good (knock on wood). And yes that is how I talk to them. I like to think they understand it all but who knows.




Here they are playing at a park. We go to lots of them. Some are a drive, but it is nice to get the girls out an watch them do something they enjoy. They love to swing and we are working on getting up a play set that Brock so kindly lent to us. We just have to buy another baby swing for it so they won't fight over the one that is on it.

Well other than that they only other story to share is that while we were visiting for Blake's farewell My Dad took us all to Chuck E. Cheese's. They LOVED it! Zadie did not stop talking to my dad in her gibberish about Chuck E. and when the actual Chuck E. came out Zerin loved to hug on him and Zadie got scared/shy. It was pretty cute. They got goodie bags that are in our car and whenever they find them they have to point out Chuck E. and yell "Cheese, Cheese!" Until I acknowledge them and agree that it is Chuck E. Cheese. I am sure next time we visit we will have to go back.

Thanks for catching up with me and come back soon!

2 comments:

Nic and Jodie said...

Sam- that was so fun to read! Your family is so, so cute. I love the darling pictures too. It is so fun to see their cute little personalities. I just want to squeeze them!

Colton and Ashley said...

NEW MEXICO? What took you there? Several of our friends moved to Farmington to work at dental practices there...like 4 families! So, if you are in the market for friends I can hook you up! We love them! Good luck with everything!!!